Graduate Admissions

Graduate Admissions

Normally, applicants for admission to master’s studies are required to have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college with a minimum 2.5 grade point average. Applicants who have degrees from institutions not regionally accredited (SACS, North Central, etc.) but recognized by regionally accredited colleges and universities in the state where they are located, or accredited by organizations recognized by the Council for Higher Education Association, or who do not have a grade point average of 2.5 may be admitted by the Admissions Committee on a probationary basis. Students who do not attain a 2.5 grade point average during the first semester of studies (the probationary period) and maintain a minimum 2.5 average throughout the program of studies are discontinued.

Provisional admission may be granted to applicants who do not have a baccalaureate degree, but who have completed a minimum of 100 semester hours of college work (including 75 hours in liberal arts courses), with the stipulation that no more than thirty-three hours of master’s work may be taken before their bachelor’s requirements have been completed. Students who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in Religion program at BMA Seminary will be permitted to enroll concurrently in B.A.R. and master’s level courses after they have satisfied the 100-hour prerequisite. The thirty-three-hour limit is also applicable to these students.

Transfer Courses

Applicants who meet the graduate admissions requirements may transfer up to eighteen (18) semester hours of work from an accredited institution (organizations recognized by the CHEA) toward the requirements of the Master of Arts (Religion) degree, twenty-seven (27) semester hours toward the Master of Arts in Church Ministries degree, or forty-two (42) semester hours toward the Master of Divinity degree, if the courses are considered equivalent in level, content, and quality to those offered at BMATS and satisfy program requirements, and if an official transcript can be supplied showing a grade of “C” or above for each course that is transferred. Credits earned where a letter grade of “D” is received may not be transferred.

More Information?

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number (required)

Program of interest:

Your Message